Nollywood Actress, Evan Okoro, alleges that her life is under serious threat over her latest movie titled, Bigo Madness


Evan Okoro, a Nigerian Nollywood actress, allegedly claimed that her life is threatened as a result of her recent film, Bigo Madness.

In a video posted on her Instagram page, the actress claimed that some boys who she claims tortured her have threatened to kill her until she removes the film from the internet.


The movie producer with battered face, who appealed to her colleagues and Nigerians for help, said the threat was related to a film she debuted on her YouTube channel, EvanokoroTv, last week.

She claims she escaped being lynched by her assailants and is now at the police station to file a complaint.

“I am at the police station. Some group of boys from Bigo want to end my life for nothing. Look at what they did to them. They asked me to pull down my movie, else they would terminate my life. Thank God I escaped from them,” the movie producer said while wearing a bruised face.

Shortly after, she posted another video saying, “Guys my life is in danger. I don’t think I’m safe anymore, they want to kill me because of the movie that I produced tittled ‘BIGO MADNESS’, they asked me to pull down the movie or they will end my life, that they don’t want the app to go viral. Please I need help. I’m at the police station right now. I’m scared of going back home.”

However, in a new video, explaining why she cannot pull down the video as allegedly demanded by Bigo, the prodcuer said she was accused of shooting a misleading content and if pulled down, she will lack the evidence to fight the case.

She said, ”A lot of people are saying that I should pull down my BIGO MADNESS.” I was accused of shooting a porn. They wrote to Bigo authorities that I shot a porn and it’s against their community guildline and now they have seen that the movie is not what they thought.



“If I pull this movie down now, I will have no evidence to fight these people. I was accused of shooting a porn, my movie is not porn, I only shoot comedies.”

She went on to say that her film was geared at unemployed Nigerian youths, whom she hoped to educate about a platform where they might make money.

”I made this film because a lot of unemployed Nigerians can make money on Bigo,” she explained.